Saturday, August 04, 2007

Thanks be to God, Maui-style (Aug 4, 2007)

Before and during the entire travel experience we prayed and prayed and prayed.

We prayed that we would get on a flight to Maui, together. We prayed on the way to the airport, on the way to lunch, on the way back to the airport and as we waited at the gate as they called for stand-by passengers. We prayed and thanked God even though just M and I were initially on the plane. I prayed for G and little G when it looked like they couldn't get on our flight. I prayed and thanked God when they did get on. We prayed and thanked God when we were able to sit all together. I prayed w/ M during take-off, turbulence, and landing as he was a little scared. I prayed for us all as we went to stay w/ the Canuck. I'm sure G was saying her own private prayers throughout the trip.

Count your blessings. The ways God provided:
1. Stand-by tickets from friend of G.
2. Getting on the flight to Maui, on the 1st day at the airport.
2a. We didn't have to return to the airport on Friday to try to get on a flight.

The airport staff said that the previous week was a little slower and the Hawaii bound flights were not as full. My theory is that families are taking vacations before the kids start school within the next month.

3. We sat together on the flight.
4. The kids were well-behaved the entire day.
5. We had a place to stay.
6. We had a car to use.
7. We found a dear, dear brother in Christ on Maui.

Think about this: I had to sit in that specific seat, on that specific flight, on that specific day otherwise I would not have met the Canuck, my brother by our bond in the Holy Spirit! Furthermore, the Canuck had to return to Maui early for the science teacher that was to teach at the summer program dropped out and they needed the Canuck to jump in! This brother is like an angel God sent down at such a key time of need for us. It's as if God said to me,

"Don't worry Wilson, I've got this thing all worked out. One of My guys is going to be in that seat right next to you, on your flight, on that day and he's going to take care of you and your family because in his heart is My Holy Spirit."

So, it is an amazing testimony of God's providence. I'm not sure why He provided, and I won't say it is based on our merits, but in His compassion, He provided in a big way. He is our awesome God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing testimony, wilson! i'm sure all air travelers can appreciate the divine providence. i'm happy He did that for you!

vince

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks