Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Scavengers

If you didn't know, engineers are also scavengers.

The past few weeks at work, we've had "Clean and Beautiful Days." The facilities peeps put out tables and trash bins for everyone to clean out the junk from their cubes. So it goes, "one man's trash is another man's treasure."

Before my one week off for the holidays, I hadn't noticed anything worthwhile, but now that I'm back... !

Anyways, I snagged an IBM ThinkPad docking station for my T42. I already have one at work, but having one at home wouldn't hurt. Good find even though it's missing the power cable and brick, which should be cheap to replace. BTW, Lenovo changed the docking connector for the T60... too bad.

Also saw what looks like an HP LaserJet 4 something. We have a 4L at home now. It's buried under some other stuff, so I'll rescue it later tonight when there's less people around.

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks