Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Eat the Word: NASB, here I come!!

During a Q&A session last Sunday, DF will be starting a men's group at church where he'll teach us how to study the Bible. He uses the New American Standard Bible and said we'd spend the 1st three months just on the 1st page of Genesis! I think a lot of guys got really excited at this point, and were ready to sign-up.

Then he drops the bomb: Oh yeah, there's going to be a little homework... just 4-5 hours each week. I'm on, man. Going to be fun.

Anyways, I splurged on a new NASB. From a previous post, you know I was on the ESV, and grew up on the NIV. But I'm thinking this one will be my day-in/day-out Bible as I hope and pray DF will be with us for a years to come. With DF, I'm really looking forward to maturing more as a Christian and growing more as a student of the Bible.

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks