Thursday, July 05, 2007

"East Coast Wilson"

A new friend, who started out as a friend of a friend, is the "East Coast Me." He's been out here from the Right Coast for the majority of this year on assignment for his job.

As I've gotten to know him more there are a lot of funny little co-incidences:

  1. We like to both shop at Old Navy.
    • We both have a bunch of the same style O.N. t-shirts in different colors.
    • Today, we were wearing the same style O.N. shorts, in different colors. In fact he was the O.N. poster child today as his t-shirt/shorts/socks were O.N. I wasn't wearing socks, but he woulda beat me anyways, I don't have any socks from them.
  2. We also both like to shop the Banana Republic sale section, but feel that their stuff is overpriced now, even when on sale.
  3. He took East Coast Swing lessons with his gf/now-fiancee when they were in grad school. I took Lindy Hop lessons w/ my then-fiancee/now-wife.
  4. He was at the house today and noticed something oddly familiar sitting on my couches. Turns out back home he's got the exact same couch, in the exact same color from the exact same retailer- Macy's. It was at this point I said, "Dude, you're East Coast Wilson."
    • O.K. - I could be West Coast Him.

Then I got to thinking... what other weird similarities are there?
  • His fiancee's first name is the same as my sister's.
  • His initials are the same as my wife's, if she changed her surname to mine.
  • We were both into Transformers as a kids. (O.K. - what boy wasn't that was plus/minus 7-8yrs my age back then.)
  • .... I'm sure there's more.

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks